If you have a dream of studying in Hong Kong with educational support, then you can apply for the MPhil and PhD international awards by Lingnan University.
The Scheme covers the tuition fees for the normative study period of UGC-funded RPg programs, viz. 2 years for MPhil students, three years for PhD students with a research master’s degree, and four years for PhD students without a research master’s degree.
An exciting opportunity that will help international students with study costs.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1967, Lingnan University is the first university in Hong Kong to have a service-learning team set up to help students share their knowledge and expertise with charities and communities through volunteering.
Why would you like to study at Lingnan University? LU encourages faculty and students to contribute to society through research and knowledge transfer. A Lingnan education will empower you to make positive changes to the world.
- University: Lingnan University
- Course Level: MPhil/PhD Programmes
- Access Mode: Online
- Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- Number of Awards: NA
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
- Eligible Countries: Overseas degree-seeking students with citizenship other than Hong Kong.
- Study Subject: These opportunities are awarded in Business (research areas include: Accounting, Decision Sciences, Finance, Information Systems Management, Insurance, International Business, Management, Marketing, and Operations Management) Chinese, Cultural Studies, Economics, English, Environmental Science (MPhil program only), History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology and Social Policy, Translation, and Visual StudiesFull Scholarship (covering tuition, hostel and partial academic and living expenses)
- Entrance Requirements: The applicant must have fulfilled the General Admission Requirements. Applicants with qualifications other than the admission requirements of the University will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For more details regarding application methods and requirements, please visit our website at LN.edu.hk/sgs/docs/pgrad. Should you have any queries, you are most welcome to contact the School of Graduate Studies (Tel.: (852) 2616 8720; Email: [email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: You must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts, passport, and references/letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have an undergraduate or master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements to be able to study there.
In 2021-2022, the full monthly stipend is HK$18,090/month before confirmation of candidature and HK$18,440/month after confirmation of candidature. Full-time MPhil students will normally be awarded Postgraduate Studentships. In 2020-21, the full monthly stipend is HK$17,830.
- Outstanding and brilliant applicants may seek admission via the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)by 1 December 2020 (Hong Kong Time 12:00noon). Students who apply for and do not get the Fellowship can still be considered for the regular PhD places at Lingnan.
- Applicants may apply to the University directly from 2 November 2020 to 22 January 2021. Normally, full-time PhD students will be awarded Postgraduate Studentships.