The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin is delighted to offer two postdoctoral fellows the opportunity to study in Germany starting on September 1, 2019, for three years, with the employment contract.
Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to participate in the research activities of the Institute and to present their own work and discuss that of others fluently in English. Applications may be submitted in German, English, or French. Research projects should relate to the research agenda of Department III.
The admirable choice for all candidates to get a Postdoctoral education in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1994, the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG) in Berlin is one of the more than 80 research institutes administered by the Max Planck Society. It is dedicated to the study of the history of science and aims to understand scientific thinking and practice as historical phenomena.
University or Organization: The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
Course Level: Postdoctoral program
Award: Remuneration is based on the TVöD-Bund pay scales (E13).
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Candidates of all nationalities
The program can be taken in Germany
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should hold a doctorate in the history of science or related field at the time the position begins (Ph.D. awarded in 2016 or later), and be able to show evidence of scholarly excellence in the form of initial international publications. Research projects should relate to the research agenda of Department III.
- Candidates of all nationalities are invited to apply; applications from women are especially welcome. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting handicapped individuals and encourages them to apply.
- Outstanding junior scholars with suitable experience in science-, technology-, economic history, STS, anthropology, regional studies, or other relevant fields are invited to apply.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Cover letter, CV, Research prospectus, Sample of writing, Names and contact details of at least two referees.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.