The scholarships are designed to support those from under-represented groups to develop skills in data science and artificial intelligence. The scholarship programme is open to the UK and international students for 2022-2023 entry.
Excellent opportunity for applicants to complete a master’s degree in the UK.
User Review( vote)
Founded in 1898, The University of Birmingham, a public research university, is one of the top Public universities in Birmingham that is ranked 87th in QS Global World Rankings 2021 and intends to be recognized as one of the world’s leading universities. It is committed to carrying out world-leading research in originality, significance, and rigor.
Why study at the University of Birmingham? Birmingham is the best option for you because it offers a great learning atmosphere and the resources you’ll need to achieve your long-term goals. The programmes offered at Birmingham are designed to highlight the quality of education required in today’s world, not just on paper but also practically.
Application Deadline: Applications must be made before 3rd June 2022
- University or Organization: University of Birmingham
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: £10,000
- Number of Awards: 12
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree in Data Science offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must have already applied for the full-time MSc Responsible Data Science programme and have a postgraduate application number.
- You are considered eligible for a scholarship if one or more of the following criteria apply:
- Female students
- BAME students
- Registered disabled students
- You will also need to be self-funding your degree and not in receipt of any other scholarship or sponsorship, including those from the University of Birmingham.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested to start your higher studies in the UK, then go ahead and take admission to the Postgraduate degree program at the university. After that, Students can apply for the scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: You will also need to write a brief supporting statement, which should outline:
- Your past achievements in academic, professional, and extra-curricular activities
- Your data science experience to date and any future career plans
- How you will benefit from the financial assistance offered by the bursary.
- If required, you should be prepared to provide documentary evidence supporting your statement/eligibility criteria (e.g., evidence of receipt of Disabled Students’ Allowances).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have a 2:1 Honours degree in any subject plus Grade A (or above) in A Level Mathematics or equivalent (if your first degree is not Mathematics).
- Language Requirement: For students whose first language is not English, one of the following English language qualifications are required:
- IELTS: 6.5 overall, with a 5.5 minimum band score;
- TOEFL: 88 overall with no less than 19 in Reading, 19 in Listening, 21 in Speaking and 19 in Writing;
- PTE Academic: Academic 67 overall with no less than 59 in all four skills. We accept the online version of PTE.
The University of Birmingham will provide the amount of £10,000 each towards the cost of the postgraduate programme.