Here is an amazing opportunity for the research students of Kenya. The University of Embu is delighted to offer the MSc Scholarship Opportunity: Climate Smart Agricultural Intensification in Kenya.
Nice one to complete MSc program.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1947, The University of Embu’s mission is to generate, advance and disseminate knowledge through training, research, and innovation for the development of humanity.
Why at the University of Embu? Embu gives a chance to those candidates who want to pursue their career in a research-related field. It encourages their students to grow in their areas of expertise and wish to support that growth through this program.
Application Deadline: May 4, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from Kenya
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A Research project in Agricultural, Soil Science, Land and water management, Agricultural Resource Management, Integrated Soil Fertility.
- Admissible Criteria: For being a part of this program, applicants need to be not older than 28 years, has a BSc degree in one of the following areas: Agricultural extension, Agricultural economics with interest in communication, MA in communication, Soil Science, Land and water management, Agricultural Resource Management, Integrated Soil Fertility Management or any other closely related qualification.
- They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate concisely, confidently and effectively with a range of audiences, including farmers, and students, have demonstrable knowledge in the use of basic statistical analysis software, e.g. SAS, R, SPSS, basic knowledge in field experimentation, good practical problem solver / Ability to find appropriate solutions to academic and
- technical issues, ability to work as a member of a team within a dynamic research group, ready to immediately embark on project work and proposal development, willing to be a full-time student for the time s/he will be engaged in until completion of their research thesis, must be ready to publish at least one scientific paper in an established good journal, experience working in a multidisciplinary environment, good contextual understanding of agricultural systems the ability to work in the field will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are willing to apply for this opportunity, then you need to be registered as a full-time graduate degree student at any university in Kenya. After taking admission, you can submit your electronic application via email with subject ‘MSc Scholarship under VLIR UOS 2019 project’ to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected], [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants are required to submit one page (A4 size) research statement, concise CV with two references, scanned copy of BSc degree certificate, BSc degree transcripts, KCSE certificate and proof completion of year one of MSc/MA.
- Admission Requirements: For applying this bursary, Candidates must have completed their previous qualification with good grades.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants might need to prove their knowledge of the English language.
The studentship will offer a 1-year full-time MSc/MA position starting in September 2019. The offer is inclusive of university tuition and statutory fees and a modest monthly stip.