The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is offering a number of scholarships to successful applicants for the MSc in Physician Associate Studies. To be eligible, applicants must first apply to and be accepted by RCSI to the programme.
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is a professional association and educational institution that is responsible for the medical speciality of surgery throughout the island of Ireland.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing MSc programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Physician Associate Studies.
- Scholarship Award: Blackrock Clinic and the Galway Clinic will each fully sponsor one candidate’s fees for the duration of the two-year programme. Bon Secours Health System will part-fund two candidates for the duration of the course.
- Nationalities: Citizens of Ireland are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Total three scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Ireland are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, applicants must first apply to and be accepted by RCSI to the programme. Successful candidates are then eligible to apply directly to the sponsor for all or any of the scholarship options available. Terms and conditions, as defined by the sponsor, apply to each of the scholarships. On graduation, successful applicants must be willing to work as a physician associate in any of the clinical locations operated by the scholarship sponsors.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of passport, showing personal details.
- Personal statement of not more than 1,000 words outlining why you are interested in pursuing a career as a Physician Associate and why you feel your application has merit.
- Two reference letters, one of which must be an academic reference. Reference letters can be uploaded with your application, or sent directly to [email protected] by the referee.
- Certified, or stamped copy of academic transcripts (or interim transcripts).
- Resume outlining education qualifications and work experience.
- You may also send any additional information that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Copy of an academic IELTS examination or equivalent with an overall score of 7.0 and no individual band below 6.5 (for candidates whose first language is not English only).
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.