Applications are now open for the new Europe college fellowships for the academic year 2021-2022. The program is organized by the New Europe College in Romania.
The educational award is activated for both Romanian and international who want to pursue research working in the fields of humanities, social studies, law, and economics.
New Europe College (NEC) is an independent Romanian institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences founded in 1994 by Professor Andrei Pleu (philosopher, art historian, writer, Romanian Minister of Culture, 1990–1991, Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs, 1997-1999) within the framework of the New Europe Foundation, established in 1994 as a private foundation subject to Romanian law.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Deadline: December 6, 2021
- University or Organization: New Europe College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in Romania
- Eligible Countries: The program targets early career Romanian and international researchers/academics.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Pursue a research degree program in the fields of humanities, social studies, law, and economics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a PhD title. Preference is given to early-career candidates and to those who have not yet benefited from an NEC Fellowship.
- Working languages: English, French, and German. Good command of English is desirable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, applicants need to take part in a research program at the college. Thereafter, the application form, the application guidelines and additional information on New Europe College can be downloaded from here:
- Application Form NEC 2021-2022, Application Guidelines NEC 2021-2022 and Call For Applications NEC 2021-2022 Applications will be submitted in electronic format only to the address: applications @ NEC. ro
- Supporting Documents: Two letters of reference, a recent photo and scanned a document(s) proving that the applicant holds the PhD title must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a PhD degree before applying for the opportunity.
- Language Requirement: English, French, and German. Good command of English is desirable.
The program covers a monthly stipend of 750 Euro (tax-free), accommodation plus international transportation to and from the home/residence country of the Fellows.