Applications are invited for study abroad awards from US students who are currently enrolled in at least sophomore year at a tertiary institution in the United States of America.
Generation Study Abroad students come to New Zealand for a great education and an incredible adventure. It’s a place where learning is personalised and easily tailored, where independent thought is welcomed and innovation is encouraged.
In New Zealand, students discover new ways to learn, gain new experiences and get a fresh global perspective. Education New Zealand and New Zealand tertiary institutions are supporting Generation Study Abroad students with excellence and travel awards.
Study Subject(s): Students discover new ways to learn, gain new experiences and get a fresh global perspective.
Course Level: The studentships are available for students who are enrolled at a New Zealand university or ITP through a Study Abroad program.
Scholarship Provider: New Zealand Government
The award can be taken at New Zealand
Applicants for any of the Generation Study Abroad awards must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a US citizen or hold US Resident status
- Currently enrolled in at least sophomore year at a tertiary institution in the United States of America
- Enrolled at a New Zealand university or ITP through a Study Abroad program
- 18 years or above at the time of application
- Hold a minimum GPA of 3.0 in tertiary studies to date (4.0 scales).
- Open for International Students: These study abroad awards are available for US students.
- Participating institutions are:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Ara Institute of Canterbury (ARA)
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)
- Otago Polytechnic
- Southern Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Tai Poutini Polytechnic
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Wellington institute of Technology (Weltec)
- Whitireia Polytechnic
What does it cover?
Education New Zealand and New Zealand tertiary institutions are supporting Generation Study Abroad students with excellence and travel awards.
- Education New Zealand Study Abroad Travel Awards (ENZTA) offer US$2,000 to help students fund their flight to New Zealand.
- Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Universities Excellence Awards (NZUEA) offer US$500 for study at one of the eight New Zealand universities.
- Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics Excellence Awards (NZITPEA) offer US$500 for study at participating institutes of technology and polytechnics.
How to Apply:
In addition to the application form, you must submit the following documents in order to complete an ENZTA, NZUEA, or NZITPEA application:
- Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date (post-high school)
- Letter of recommendation from a Professor (or Assistant Professor) at your US home institution
- Endorsement form completed by your US home institution Study Abroad Office or equivalent
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Copy of the photo ID page of your passport
- Copy of your US Resident visa (for non-US citizens only)
- Required documents must be submitted via email, as attachments.
Application Deadline: 02 December 2021