The Nomura Foundation is offering Foreign Student Scholarships at Japanese universities. These scholarships are available for pursuing a graduate degree in the humanities or social sciences at six universities only, namely Tokyo, Hitotsubashi, Kyoto, Osaka, Waseda, and Keio.
Nomura Foundation for Social Science, The Nomura Cultural Foundation, and Tokyo Club Foundation for Global Studies was separately established by Nomura Group to promote social science, to support the arts and culture and to foster international talent in the next generation.
A good opportunity for international applicants who want to study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
University or Organization: Nomura Foundation for Social Science
Course Level: Graduate degree
Award: 200,000 yen per month for two years
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Foreign students
The program can be taken in Japan
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
- As of April 1, 2020, a foreign student who is planning to major in the fields of humanities and social sciences at the following graduate school. Scholarships are awarded in the field of humanities or social sciences.
- Students who are able to communicate in Japanese smoothly and who are in need of financial assistance to study abroad are recognized as having excellent academic achievement. Those who are under 35 years old as of April 1, 2020.
- The status of residence is “study abroad”. However, this does not apply to those who receive scholarship benefits exceeding 50,000 yen per month (yearly 600,000 yen) from government-sponsored international students and other organizations.
Nationality: Foreign students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications should be sent by post and download the prescribed form from the screen of “Application for acceptance application”.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants needs to provide an application form, Transcripts, Passing notice or enrollment certificate.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.