A new NRF-funded PhD bursary is available for the South African students in the School of Chemistry and Physics at the University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban.
The study program is activated for eligible students who have a plan to take part in the PhD Position in Organic Chemistry for the academic year 2020/21.
User Review( votes)
Established in 2004, the University of KwaZulu-Natal is one of the largest universities in sub-Saharan Africa. The university unites two major educational institutions in KwaZulu-Natal.
Why at the University of KwaZulu-Natal? At this UKZN, students will have many opportunities to experience different cultures, make new friends and network for the future. The university promotes access to learning that will increase educational and employment opportunities.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
- University: University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Department: School of Chemistry and Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: South African students
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: The position is available to South African students only
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD scholarship will be awarded in Organic Chemistry.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants should have recently completed their MSc degree in Chemistry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates can send their applications to [email protected]or [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to upload all following documents: a curriculum vitae, a brief statement of research interests, copies of bachelor and master transcripts, list of courses taken and grades received, a summary of the master thesis (if completed/applicable), and names and contact information of 2-3 referees”.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub-score of speaking skills.
The university will provide the award amount according to the programme.