Applications are invited for the national research foundation Fellowship from Researchers to enable them to pursue research in the Artificial Intelligence. The Fellowship is available to International students.
The aim of the fellowship is to attract and recruit outstanding young researchers from around the world to lead impactful and independent AI research in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
• Applications Deadline: December 19, 2018
• Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Research program.
• Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
• Award: The Fellowship offers:
• A five-year research grant of up to SGD 3 million, inclusive of general overheads.
• Freedom to lead ground-breaking research in host institution of choice in Singapore1.
• Nationality: The Fellowship is available to International students.
• Number of Awards: Not specified
• The award can be taken in Singapore
Eligible Countries: The Fellowship is available to International scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research, are eligible to apply.
• PhD holders with research experience in AI or AI-related fields.
• Applicant must not be holding an Assistant Professor or equivalent position2 at local research institutions for more than 1 year at the point of submission (i.e. defined by grant call closing date).
• Applicant must not be at the RSE 3 level and above for more than 1 year at the point of submission (for A*STAR applicants).
• Applicant must not be a recipient of a similar early career award in Singapore.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted through the Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS). Applicants are also expected to upload a Letter of Support by the Faculty Dean / Head of Department or equivalent from their host institution of choice. This Letter of Support describes the level of commitment the host institution would provide to the candidate, contingent on their successful award.
Applicants must also arrange to have at least three but no more than five letters of reference submitted to NRF on their behalf. These letters should be sent confidentially by your referees directly via email to the National Research Foundation, Singapore at [email protected] (paper copies will not be accepted). The referral letters should include assessment on your leadership potential, ability to independently carry out impactful research, and personal attributes.
Application will be rejected if above documents are not submitted by 19 December 2018, 3.00pm (GMT +8). Shortlisted candidates will be invited by NRF to Singapore for the final interview in March 2019.