The project aims at the development of methods for super-resolved imaging of nanostructures with the use of hyperbolic metamaterials and compressive imaging in the far field.
The Department of Physics is a large research and teaching centre. It consists of The Institutes of Theoretical Physics, Experimental Physics, Geophysics, The Astronomical Observatory and the Department of Mathematical Methods in Physics. It is regarded as one of the best in the country, recognized internationally for the high quality of research and education.
Why at University of Warsaw? This university provides a more flexible course with opportunities to gain a wide range of practical as well as learning skills.
Applications Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Good background on optics and good knowledge of programming are required,
- Well seen previous work on either electromagnetic modelling, or compressive sensing, or optical measurement techniques
- The candidate has to be subscribed in Poland to PhD studies in physics or may be preparing a master thesis in physics, nanostructure engineering or in a similar discipline, preferably with a short perspective to subscribe to PhD studies in physics
- Recruitment follows the rules for awards set out the Regulations in research projects financed from the resources of the National Science Center (annexe to the resolution of the NCN Council 96/2016 of 27 October 2016) https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2016/uchwala96_2016-zal1.pdf
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
The candidate should provide the following documents by e-mail to the Secretariat IGF, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw e-mail:Sekretariat.IGF-at-fuw.edu.pl:
- Application for the position required together with the acceptance for the treatment of personal data – the information clause and the consent clause attached to the announcement. In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- The acquired diploma (MSc or BSc) and information about a student’s career.
- Current CV and the list of publications 4. Contact details of two persons who can provide information about the candidate.
- In case of foreigners outside of EU, EFTA and the countries that are signatories to the Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region – a document certifying a diploma in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
The award amount of this grant varies according to the program.