Applications are invited for NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowships Program to study in Canada. Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The NSERC provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
Great opportunity for Canadian citizens or a permanent resident of Canada.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
- Application Deadline: October 17, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing Postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the following disciplines:
- Civil, industrial and systems engineering
- Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Computing sciences
- Mathematical sciences
- Physics and astronomy
- Earth sciences
- Evolution and ecology
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Plant and animal biology
- Award: Fellowship of $45,000 per year will be awarded for two years.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
- You can apply only once to the PDF Program; however, applicants whose first PDF application was submitted prior to the 2013 competition may submit a second application provided they are within the eligibility window.
- You must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply. For applicants with more than one doctoral degree, the completion date of your most recent doctoral degree will be used to determine your eligibility.
- If you have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant employment in industry or government (experience in an institution or its affiliated hospitals, research institutions and other laboratories will not be considered) after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to three years.
- If, within two years following the date of completion of your PhD, you had your career significantly interrupted due to illness or health-related family responsibilities, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to three years.
- If, within two years following the date of completion of your PhD, you become the primary caregiver following the birth or adoption of a child, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to six years.
- If you are subject to an extended eligibility period then you may be asked by NSERC to provide additional information and/or supporting documentation. Any such submission to NSERC will only be used by staff to assess your eligibility to the program. If you wish to inform the review committee of delays and/or circumstances which may have affected your performance and/or productivity, then you may do so in the Special Circumstances section of the application.
For degree programs you have completed, provide the date on which all the requirements of your degree were met, including the successful defense and submission of the corrected copy of your thesis (in accordance with your institution’s regulations). It is not the conferred or convocation date indicated on your transcript. The Faculty of Graduate Studies (or its equivalent) may be asked to confirm the date the degree requirements were met.
- Note: You may submit only one application per year to one granting agency (NSERC, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, or the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.