Highly skilled aspirants from Australia and all over the globe have an exciting opportunity to apply for the Numerical Cognition, Learning and Development International PhD Scholarships in Australia.
Administrated by the Macquarie University, the award is open for those eligible PhD candidates who are studying the development of children’s numeracy and mathematical skills and wish to join a new research group.
Nice opportunity for Australian and international students
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1964, Macquarie University has five faculties, as well as the Macquarie University Hospital and the Macquarie Graduate School of Management. It is Australia’s first and only private, not-for-profit University and ranked 239th in the world in the Academic Ranking of World Universities of 2014.
Why at Macquarie University? The university has a global reputation for expertise in areas like business and health and medical sciences. It produces graduates who are among the most sought-after professionals in the world.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: $27,596
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two scholarships are available
- Nationality: Australian and international students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from Australia and all over the globe
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in the subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants with a background in psychology, cognitive science, or educational studies and with interests in any of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Numerical cognition (experimental studies from a psychological/cognitive science perspective investigating how we represent and activate numerical information and other representations associated with magnitude).
- Numeracy in the preschool / early primary classroom (pedagogical approaches, instructional quality, intervention for low achievers).
- Assessment and development of working memory and executive functioning/self-regulation in young children.
- Impact of hearing loss on child development and learning.
- Informal opportunities for learning numeracy and mathematics in the home and classroom environment.
- Assessment and intervention for children with mathematical learning difficulties.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, seekers are demanded to be registered as a PhD degree student at Macquarie University. After being admitted, claimants will be automatically considered for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: Seekers are required to hold the CV, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation, personal statement and academic transcript.
- Admission Requirements: For being accepted, aspirants are needed to hold their bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirements: Most coursework programs at Macquarie require Standard English, that’s why applicants need to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The scholarship is comprised of a Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend. The value and tenure of the scholarship is an “MQRES” full-time stipend rate of $27,596 per annum (in 2019 tax-exempt for up to 3 years – indexed annually).