The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is pleased to offer 37 one-time fundings. These opportunities are available for Nigerian female to pursue undergraduate programme at Nigerian universities.
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG), founded in April 2000, is a non-profit 501(C)(3), community-focused, service-oriented organization based in Atlanta, Georgia.
User Review( votes)
It’s mission is to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria.
Course Level: award is available for pursuing undergraduate programme at Nigerian universities.
Study Subject: award is awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the Nigerian universities.
Award: The value of each scholarship is $200 Naira.
Number of Awards: Thirty seven financial aid positions will be awarded.
The award can be taken in Nigeria
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship
- Students of Nigeria can apply.
- Open for female undergraduate students
Nationality: Female Students of Nigeria can apply for the opportunity .
How to Apply: Completed application can be submitted with all required documents by pdf or word version to NWAG either by electronically via email or by regular mail to NWAG.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from their local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of their Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of their Faculty/School or their Head of Department.
- Photocopy of their current university student identification card.
- A current photograph of applicant.
- An explanation of why they need and should receive the program-(not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on: “What is the one system in Nigeria, such as educational, political, health care, financial…, that they feel if changed would have the most beneficial impact on Nigerians, and why?”
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31st, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.