The Organization of American States and Alma College are funding scholarships for the citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except the United States. Alma College (the College) offers a personalized education that allows you to create new knowledge through academic research, expand your horizons with global study initiatives, supplement your academic studies with relevant experiential learning opportunities and indulge your artistic and athletic yearnings while completing your degree on time.
The Organization of American States is the world’s oldest regional organization, dating back to the First International Conference of American States, held in Washington, D.C., from October 1889 to April 1890. That meeting approved the establishment of the International Union of American Republics, and the stage was set for the weaving of a web of provisions and institutions that came to be known as the inter-American system, the oldest international institutional system.
Great opportunity for US students.
User Review( vote)
- Applications Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: OAS Scholarships are available for studying any course offered by the university.
List of Eligible Undergraduate Programs Covered under the OAS /Alma College Scholarship Program
- Art and Design
- Athletic Training
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Educational Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Environmental Studies
- Health Care Administration
- Integrative Physiology and Health Science
- International Business Administration
- New Media Studies
- Political Science
- Public Health
- Religious Studies
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- Scholarship Award: Alma College shall waive USD 36,000 (90%) of the tuition fee per year for the duration of the program of study for the top three (3) awardees and the OAS shall provide a one-time tuition allowance of USD 2,500 to the top three (3) awardees who receive the 90% tuition waiver from Alma College during the first year of study.
- Alma College shall waive USD 30,000 (75%) of the tuition fee per year for the duration of the program of study for the remaining awardees and the OAS shall provide a one-time tuition allowance of USD $4,000 to top seven (7) awardees who receive the 75% tuition waiver from Alma College during the first year of study.
- Alma College shall waive USD 30,000 (75%) of the tuition fee per year for the duration of the program of study for the remaining awardees.
- Nationality: Students of OAS Member State are eligible to apply except the United States.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligible Countries: Students of OAS Member State except United States (Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of), Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela) can apply for these OAS scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
Provide an unconditional admission letter from Alma College.
o This scholarship opportunity is open to new applicants as well as current students from OAS member states who are not an OAS-Alma College scholarship recipient.
Submit a completed scholarship application with all required supporting documents
Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except the United States.
o Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link; http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2018/NOTA-SOLICITUD-DGCIN-2017.doc%20and%20send%20it%20to%20the%20National%20Liaison%20Office%20(ONE) in Argentina.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- Current OAS scholarship holders
- GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants
- OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
How to Apply: Gather Supporting Documents and Apply online
- To apply for an OAS – Alma College scholarship, applicants must fill out the OAS online scholarship application form and attach ALL required supporting documentation. The list of required documentation can be found through the link below.
- All the required documents must be combined into one (1) single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). If the file is larger than 5MB, you will be unable to submit the online form. The application system does not allow for more than one document to be uploaded. Do not include any additional documents besides those indicated.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.