Applications are invited for OAS-NYIT Scholarship to study at New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) in New York City. To qualify for the OAS-NYIT Scholarship, applicants must apply and be admitted to the University and apply to the OAS-NYIT Scholarship separately.
The New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) – a dynamic, highly ranked and accredited not-for-profit university committed to educating the next generation of leaders, and to inspiring innovation and advancing entrepreneurship.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must meet the Universities’ English Language Requirements.
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and graduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the programs offered by the institution.
- Scholarship Award: Undergraduate programme: The University shall provide the following:
- First-year degree programs: Tuition discount of $5,000 – $22,000 / year. Minimum High School GPA of 3.0 and SAT score of 980 required.
- Transfer programs: tuition discount of $5,000 – $13,000 /year. Minimum Transfer GPA of 2.5 required.
- Graduate Programme:
- The University shall provide tuition discount of $1,500 – $3,000 / year (fall and spring semesters only). Minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.3 required.
- The Scholarship Recipients of Bahamian citizenship may also qualify to receive additional funding from the Government of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas through the OAS-GOB scholarship program.
- Nationality: Available to students of OAS member state.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in New York, USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of) Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana. Haití, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay Peru, Nevis Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of) The Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) can apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
Provide OAS with an admission letter from NYIT.
o This scholarship opportunity is open to new applicants as well as current students from OAS member states who are not an OAS-NYIT scholarship recipient.
Submit a complete scholarship application to OAS with all required supporting documents
Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except The United States.
o Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link; http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2018/NOTA-SOLICITUD-DGCIN-2017.doc%20and%20send%20it%20to%20the%20National%20Liaison%20Office%20(ONE) in Argentina.
Scholarship Recipients of Bahamian citizenship who apply to the OAS/ Government of The Bahamas Scholarship Program may only pursue the programs listed as priority areas for the OAS/Government of The Bahamas Scholarship Program. In addition, scholarship recipients of Bahamian citizenship who do not apply to the OAS/Government of The Bahamas Scholarship Program may pursue any of the programs of study included in the OAS-NYIT Scholarship announcement.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- Current OAS scholarship holders
- GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants
- OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the Universities’ English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: To apply for an OAS – NYIT scholarship, the applicant must fill out the OAS online application form and attach the following required supporting documentation:
- Government issued ID
- Admission letter
- Transcriptor record of grades
- Certificate or Diploma
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable
- Proof of Additional Funds