The Obama Foundation is offering Obama Fellowship Program to support outstanding people from around the world to inspire civic innovation. President Obama announced in a video and e-mail the first set of Obama Foundation initiatives to inspire and empower young people to change their world.
The Obama Foundation Fellowship seeks to support and elevate outstanding civic innovators from around the world in order to amplify the impact of their remarkable work and to inspire a powerful wave of civic innovation. Obama Foundation Fellows will be a diverse set of twenty community-minded rising stars—organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more—who are radically altering the civic engagement landscape.
A valuable program for fellows from all over the world.
User Review( votes)
The two-year, non-residential Fellowship will offer hands-on training, resources, and leadership development. Fellows will also participate in four multi-day gatherings where they will collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners and resources, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow will pursue a personalized plan to leverage Fellowship resources to take their work to the next level. Applications for the inaugural fellowship class are open at Obama.org/Fellowship.
Application Deadline: Applications for the 2020 Fellows program will open in the Fall
- Fellows from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Applicants must be 18 or older. Foundation is looking for participants who are at a “tipping point” stage in their careers, rather than those who fit a particular age requirement. The Obama Foundation is looking for
- Civic Innovators: The Foundation is looking for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Discipline Diverse: The Foundation need people working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- At a tipping point in their work: Successful applicants have already demonstrated meaningful impact in their communities, gaining recognition among their peers for their contributions.
- Talented, but not connected: The Foundation is committed to expanding the circle of opportunity to include new and varied voices.
- Good Humans: The Foundation is building an authentic community. A strong moral character is essential for the strength of this community, the integrity of the program, and longevity.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Language Requirement: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programming will be conducted in English.
The Foundation will cover transportation and accommodation for the in-person convenings. While they can provide support in procuring visas, Fellows will be responsible for covering any visa costs.