If you are a student from a developing country then you have a chance to apply for OFID Scholarship 2019/20 funded by the OPEC Fund for International Development.
The purpose of this application is to support outstanding young individuals from developing countries to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1976, The OPEC Fund for International Development is the intergovernmental development finance institution. It works in cooperation with developing country partners to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
Why should apply to this program? If you apply for this program, you will be able to build up your career in your chosen field. You can also pursue jobs in the private sector and work as a human resource manager, legal counsellor, consultant, or marketing manager.
- University or Organization: OPEC Fund for International Development
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate degree program
- Award: Tuition fees, examination fees, a monthly allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Student from a developing country
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Application Deadline: Now Closed. The next call for applications will be announced in early 2020.
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Students who are from a developing country (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela) can apply for the opportunity .
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant is open to study the graduate degree program in any economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application. Candidate must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent. Applicants must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2019 and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the master’s degree.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for the opportunity , the applicant must have to select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields. After this process, applicants need to register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using the email address and fill out the application form.
- Supporting Documents: Candidate must have to upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into a postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- Admission Requirements: For admission to study the graduate degree program, applicants must have their previous qualification certificates and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or it’s equivalent.
- Language Requirement: All applicants need to fluent in English.
- Benefits: The sponsorship will cover the tuition fees, examination fees, a monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books, and accommodation.