Applications are invited for Omidyar Fellowship available for international applicants to study at Santa Fe Institute. Applicants will receive competitive salary and generous benefits. They must have strong computational and quantitative skills and have the ability to demonstrate interest in multidisciplinary research. The application deadline is October 24, 2014.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are available for studying courses offered by the institute.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing research program.
Scholarship Provider: Santa Fe Institute
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
User Review( votes)
Eligibility: PhD in any discipline (or expected PhD by September 2015);
– strong computational and quantitative skills;
– an exemplary academic record;
– a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
– a demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research;
– evidence of the ability to think outside traditional paradigms.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Applicants from any country can apply for these fellowships.
Scholarship Description: The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute is unique among postdoctoral appointments. The Institute has no formal programs or departments. Research is collaborative and spans the physical, natural, and social sciences. Most research is theoretical and/or computational in nature, although some research includes an empirical component. SFI averages 10 resident faculty, 100 external faculty, and 250 visitors per year.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute offers you:
– transdisciplinary collaboration with leading researchers worldwide
– up to three years in residence in Santa Fe, New Mexico
– discretionary research and collaboration funds
– competitive salary and generous benefits
– a structured leadership training program
– unparalleled intellectual freedom
Selection criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
Online Application: Applicants can apply online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 24, 2014.