Oil India Natural Gas Limited is offering ONGC Scholarships to 1000 meritorious economically backward general and SC/ST/OBC students. The studentships are awarded to students for pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses and two years Master‡s course.
ONGC’s mission is to be a global leader in integrated energy business through sustainable growth, knowledge excellence and exemplary governance practices.
User Review( votes)
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is an Indian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Dehradun, India. It is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. It is India’s largest oil and gas exploration and production company.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing professional courses and masters degree.
Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded in Engineering and Medical stream (professional courses) and in Business Administration, Geology, and Geophysics.
Award: The scholarship will cover lump sum amount of Rs. 4000/- per month, i.e. Rs. 48,000/- per annum.
The award can be taken in India
- The bursaries are open for studies in India and for Indian nationals only.
- Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses by ISC/CBSE/MCI/AICTE/UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
- Students pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses and Two years Masters course in Business Administration & Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly, 60% marks are necessary for graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of the grading system.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for the opportunity shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. a 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.
- Gross annual income of a family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs.37,500/- per month).
- The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st of October, 2015 for the academic session.
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in the case of a student of getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the opportunity s.
- The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
Nationality: ONGC The studentships are open to the students of India.
How to Apply: Candidate must apply Online on ONGC‡s website. Duly completed application form (application printout obtained after completion of online registration process) certified by Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University, along with all supporting documents (duly attested by Head/Principal/Dean of the Institute where the student is studying) must be received by post on or before 31.10.2016, as given below :
- Mark sheet of qualifying exam (mandatory)
- CGPA to percentage conversion certificate issued by University/College/Institute (wherever applicable)
- Income certificate (mandatory)
- Caste certificate (wherever applicable)
- BPL certificate (wherever applicable)
- ECS mandate form duly certified by Bank authority along with canceled cheque/photocopy of front page of Bank pass book (mandatory)
- PAN card [PAN card would be required compulsorily before the release of aid amount. Students may apply and obtain their PAN cards accordingly on priority.]
- Aadhaar card [Aadhaar card would be required compulsorily before the release of aid amount. Students may apply and obtain their Aadhaar cards accordingly on priority]
Application Deadline: Last date for applying online is 10 October 2016 and last date for receipt of duly completed application form by post is 31 October 2016