To stand by its commitment to supporting women scientists in African research institutions and universities, the UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) has organized the Open Doors Fellowship Program for Women Researchers in Africa for the academic year 2023-2024.
The applicants must be post-doctoral female scholars or in mid-career positions who have experienced challenges in their careers due to restricted access to training, infrastructure, and international networks to be considered. The selected candidates will be awarded a fully-funded short research stage of three months in Belgium.
Valuable offer for highly talented candidates.
User Review( votes)
The UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO), established in 2000, is a non-profit scientific organization. The organization was started as a partnership of the Vlaams Instituut Voor Biotechnologie (VIB) based in Flanders, Belgium, which is world-leading life sciences research institute. The vision of VIB-IPBO is to ‘contribute to the participatory engagement of agricultural communities and local actors in LDE to new sustainable agricultural systems, to enable a healthy planet with a sound social, cultural, economic and environmental development. The organization also contributes to overthrowing some of the main barriers identified in transferring agro-biotechnological innovations and knowledge. This promotes food and nutrition security for male and female smallholder farmers in the least developed economies (LDE).
Application Deadline: The open doors fellowship 2023-2025 call is now open and will close on the 10th of January 2023.
- University or Organization: UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Research support
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: African
- The award can be taken in Africa
- Eligible Countries: Students from Benin, Burkina Faso, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can take up a post-doctoral position at an African institute or university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be post-doctoral or mid-career women from Africa.
- The applicants must have an active employment contract in a High Education institution or an (inter)national research center in any of the eligible countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates must first secure admission at their desired university. The applications to participate in the fellowship program must be sent to [email protected] in the attachment of all the below-listed documents.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A duly filled application
- A motivation letter from the candidate
- A maximum 3-page CV. Please note that a CV with more than three pages will not be reviewed.
- Soft copies of the academic transcripts of the PhD and the diploma.
- A list of publications, including papers, book chapters, technical reviews in indexed journals, and patents
- A signed letter from the applicant’s direct supervisor to indicate how she/he intends to support the fellow in completing her training program
- An official signed letter from the Human Resources Office of the applicant’s institution to prove that the applicant has a valid contract in SSA for the duration of the fellowship.
- A signed letter from the research centre in Belgium supporting the applicant’s short research stay (only for Modality B applications).
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the criteria to participate in the fellowship program.
- Language Requirement:The applicants must meet the language requirements of tehri respective universities of institutes.
TheUGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) will provide the fellowship winners a fully-funded short research stage of three months in Belgium.