OPITO, the skills organisation for oil and gas is inviting applications for OPITO Piper Alpha Memorial MSc Safety Scholarships of £6,000 each towards the students’ maintenance costs.
The University of Aberdeen is a public research university in Aberdeen, Scotland. It is an ancient university founded in 1495 when William Elphinstone, Bishop of Aberdeen, petitioned Pope Alexander VI on behalf of James IV, King of Scots to establish King’s College, making it Scotland’s third-oldest university and the fifth-oldest in the English-speaking world.
User Review( votes)
In order to be eligible applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Applications Deadline: June 29, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue MSc programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study MSc in Safety and Reliability Engineering for Oil and Gas; Safety and Reliability Engineering or Process Safety.
- Scholarship Award: OPITO are offering two scholarships of £6,000 each towards the students’ maintenance costs. In addition, the program recipient obtaining the highest mark in their dissertation at the end of their studies will receive a further £500.
- Nationality: Available to students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two opportunities are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: These opportunities are available to students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The bursaries are open to applicants holding an offer of admission for one of the following campus-based, one year, full-time degree programmes starting in September 2018: MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering for Oil and Gas; MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering or MSc Process Safety. The bursaries are not open to applicants wishing to study the programmes online or on a part-time basis.
- Applicants must be classified by the University as Home/EU, RUK or Overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholars’ dissertations must address the issue of ‘safety in the oil and gas industry’.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Please read the guidelines fully before completing the application form. To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please complete the application form and select the ‘OPITO Piper Alpha Memorial MSc Safety Scholarship’ as the program that you are applying for. Once you have fully completed the application form, click ‘Submit Form’. You will then receive an automated email confirming that your application has been received.