Give your research education a boost with this PhD studentship launched by Oxford Brookes University. This program is seeking bright and passionate candidates having a background in one science or technology.
This scholarship is reserved for both domestic and international students. Selected candidates will get the chance to join the growing research group of the university and contribute to ongoing original research on cybersecurity. Apart from this, they will be given a scholarship of £16536 per year.
A valuable offer to get financial support for Phd study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Formed in 1992 as Oxford School of Art, Oxford Brookes University is a public university located in Oxford, England. After some time of its establishment, it renamed its name to Oxford Brookes University, which was taken after its former principal name, John Henry Brookes.
Why at Oxford Brookes University? Over a few decades, this university has become the first choice of students coming from different parts of the world. It carries a reputation for teaching excellence and innovation. In a survey of Times Higher Education Young University, this university is ranked 1st in the UK for its research and 2nd in teaching.
Application Deadline: 17 April 2020
- University or Organization: Oxford Brookes University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £16536 per year
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home/EU and International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are acceptable form the UK, EU and across the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for a PhD in science or technology
- Eligibility Criteria: You are right for this role if you:
- Have at least an upper second class degree (preferably MSc) in a science or technology discipline
- Have knowledge and experience of cybersecurity threats and mitigation techniques
- Provide evidence of excellent secure software engineering skills
- Have the capability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills. Proficiency in written English is required
- A real passion and commitment to research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates must enroll to undertake a research degree at Oxford Brookes University. After that, the application process includes sending the required documents to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Cover letter, a brief statement of research interests explaining how experience and plans fit with the advertised position, CV and the details of two referees can be used as required documents.
- Admission Requirements: To be enrolled in a PhD degree program at this university, all applicants are expected to have a master’s degree in a discipline for which they are applying for. Please obtain more information from here.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, the following documents can be accepted as the evidence of your English proficiency: IELTS 6.0-7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking, and 60% or above in Standard XII.
The Oxford Brookes University is awarding studentships for deserving candidates to support their PhD study in the UK. Candidates will get £16536 per year.