Please read the following instructions before completing the Scholarship Application Form to ensure correct completion and understanding of the process. The Application Form is also available on the PEA website http://www.usu.edu/pea/awards/scholarships.
Who is eligible to apply?
* Applicants must be a current Utah State University professional employee or a family member of a current USU professional employee. Professional employee is defined as an employee who is exempt from earning overtime compensation. Family member is defined as a spouse, child, child-in-law, dependent, grandchild, or parent.
* Applicants must be either presently attending Utah State University or accepted for admission to USU.
* Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
* Applicants must be enrolled in a degree seeking program or be a matriculated graduate student.
* Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
* Previous recipients of the PEA Scholarship are not eligible.
User Review( votes)
How do I apply?
For consideration, eligible applicants must submit the following four items by the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Completed PEA Scholarship Application Form
2. Unofficial transcript (most recent transcript from Utah State University or prior university or high school)
3. Letter of admission to Utah State University (only if newly admitted)
4. One or two page letter, written in a standard business format that addresses the following:
+ Financial need
+ Professional and academic goals
+ Way(s) this scholarship will further these goals
How will applicants be selected and when will the recipients be notified?
* All applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements and submit a completed application by 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 21, 2008 will be considered.
* The Professional Employees Association Scholarship Committee will review the applications.
* The scholarship recipients will be scored and selected based on their 1) financial need, 2) GPA, 3) degree program, 4) number of credits taken each semester, and 5) statement of professional/academic goals.
* Each applicant will receive a number value for each of the above criteria and scholarships will be awarded to those receiving the highest overall ratings. Be sure your application letter is detailed and written in a business format. The committee cannot rate your financial need or professional/career goals unless you provide us with this detailed information, and the lack of information could result in you not receiving a scholarship.
* The recipients will be notified by telephone, email, and/or mail by Friday, April 25, 2008.
How many scholarships will be awarded?
PEA will award up to $5,000 in scholarships. The maximum amount per recipient will not exceed $1,500. Recipients may apply these monies towards tuition, fees and textbooks. Each scholarship recipient will receive 50% of their total award for Fall Semester 2008 and 50% of their total award for Spring Semester 2009.
When is the application due?
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 21, 2008 to be considered.
Return the completed application materials to:
PEA Scholarship Application
Education Building, Room 109
2800 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322-2800
Contact Shannon Johnson, 435-797-1470, [email protected]
i am looking for a scholarship in music 2 years ago i finshed my high school and in those 2 years i was studying music i mean theore solfege intruments…. i got a certificat in music so i would like to study in music in FRANCE in metz universty.
i am looking for a scholarship on health issue i am just completing my high school and i need a scholarship to study in U.S.A