The Board of Trustees of the Petroleum Training and Education Fund is pleased to announce the availability of postgraduate petroleum sciences specialization and undergraduate financial aid for the 2020 academic year.
Master or Honours Degree Scholarships in the field of Petroleum Engineering and Petroleum geosciences for Namibian citizens.
A nice offer to get a degree with study fund.
User Review( votes)
The Government of the Republic of Namibia established the Petroleum Training and Education Fund (PETROFUND) in 1993 in recognition of the scarcity of skilled personnel in the petroleum exploration and production industry in Namibia.
Study Subject(s): Petroleum engineering and Petroleum geosciences
Course Level: Masters or Honours degrees
Scholarship Provider: PETROFUND
The award can be taken at Namibia
- Namibian Citizenship
- An interest in pursuing a career in the Namibian Petroleum Industry
- Relevant Honors or Undergraduate Degree with an average pass of 60% and above for postgraduate placements
- Outstanding Academic results with excellent passes in Mathematics, Sciences and English for undergraduate financial aid
- Willingness to commence studies in the 2020 academic year
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
- The following opportunities are available to high performing and motivated students intending to undertake full-time studies in the following fields only:
- undergraduate financial aid (SADC Region only): BSc. Engineering (all fields), and B. Education (Mathematics and Science).
- Post graduate funding opportunities (September intake): MSc. Subsea Engineering, MSc. International Oil and Gas Management, MSc. International Project Management (Energy, Construction, Oil & Gas), and PhD in Petroleum Geosciences. Areas of research for PhD in petroleum geosciences are available upon request.
Financial support will be given to full-time candidates who wish to study in oil and gas-related fields; namely, Petroleum engineering and Petroleum geosciences.
The allocation of these bursaries will be based on the achievement potential and needs of the student. A legal and binding contract between PETROFUND and the student will be signed.
How to Apply: Applications for Petrofund scholarships must be applied through the Petrofund website- by clicking on Apply Now
- Pass relevant English tests where applicable
- Proof of admission for the desired postgraduate course (undergraduate applicants to submit proof by January 2020);
- Provide certified copies of all relevant academic records
application Deadline: Monday, 30th September 2019