The School of Economics, Finance and Management at the University of Bristol is offering PhD bursaries in Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management in the UK. Successful applicants will study for a PhD, receive a contribution towards the cost of full-time PhD study, and undertake teaching duties within the School’s teaching programmes.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Great opportunity for aspirants.
User Review( vote)
The University of Bristol is a red brick research university located in Bristol, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1909, and its predecessor institution, University College, Bristol, had been in existence since 1876.
- Course Level: Bursaries are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Bursaries are awarded in the field of Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management.
- Award: For a successful applicant, the scheme will provide a sum equivalent to the current home/EU research student fee for a research student in the School, together with a stipend and teaching income. The combination of the latter two will be approximately £16,000 per annum at current pay rates, paid in instalments.
- Number of Awards: Up to ten PhD bursaries may be awarded, where this figure is a total across the School’s disciplines.
- The award can be taken in the UK
Applicants should hold, or be close to completing, a Masters degree at distinction/merit level (or equivalent qualifications) in a relevant discipline. There are no predetermined research topics, but applicants will need to prepare a research proposal which lies within the interests of one or more potential supervisors within the School.
- Nationality: Home/EU students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
- Applicants should make an online formal PhD application as soon as possible and email an expression of interest at the same time.
- When completing online PhD application to the School, note on the form that you wish to be considered for a School bursary. All applicants who wish to be considered for the bursary should email the relevant Department contact given below and copy the message to [email protected] to confirm that an online PhD application has been submitted, quoting the application ID assigned by the online system.
Application Deadline: Closed