The University of Wollongong is very pleased to inform researchers interested in the field of human geography about its PhD Scholarship for the project titled ‘Fish Futures: reimagining freshwater ecosystem management in Aotearoa’ for the academic year 2022-2023.
All international and domestic candidates who hold a Bachelor’s degree in human geography or similar can apply for this scholarship valued at a stipend of $29,863 per year. Students must undertake a PhD study program at the School of Geography and Sustainable Communities at Wollongong to be considered eligible for the award.
User Review( votes)
The University of Wollongong is an Australian public research university located in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales. The university is ranked 10th among Australian universities and 185th globally.
Why choose to study at the University of Wollongong? The University of Wollongong will ill advance business-related knowledge through ground-breaking research, innovative degree programs, inspirational teaching, and industry collaboration to promote responsible leadership and sustainable business practice and contribute to a stronger economy and a more just society.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 21st October 2022.
- University or Organization: The University of Wollongong
- Department: School of Geography and Sustainable Communities
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $29,863
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian and foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD study in the field of human geography on the theme of cultures of nature and freshwater ecosystems offered at the School of Geography and Sustainable Communities of the University of Wollongong.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be ready to commence study in Wollongong from February 2023.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must first submit an admission application via the university portal. Then, students interested in the scholarship must submit the supporting documents via mail to Associate Professor Leah Gibbs at [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- a letter outlining your thematic interest about the project, motivation, and profile (maximum 2 pages)
- your CV
- relevant academic transcripts
- a relevant sample of your academic writing (e.g. a working paper, a thesis chapter)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in human geography, sociology, humanities, environmental management, conservation, or a related discipline with honors.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 40 to 106
- IELTS – 5.0 to 7.5
- CPE/CAE – 162 to 185
- PTE – 42 to 76
The successfully selected candidate by the University of Wollongong will receive a stipend of $29,863 (2023 rate) per year, indexed annually for the three-year duration of the award.