If you are interested to participate in a study that will address the gap in understanding logistics behavior in Aotearoa New Zealand through the Spatio-temporal analysis, then you can apply for the PhD Scholarships for the project Exploring logistics behavior in Aotearoa New Zealand for better disaster impact modeling using vehicle telemetry data offered for the academic year 2022-2023.
Funded by QuakeCoRE, the New Zealand Centre for Earthquake Resilience, this PhD scholarship will cover the tuition fees of up to $8,000 and provide an annual stipend of $28,000 for up to 3 years of PhD study at the University of Waikato. The applicants must demonstrate relevant skills and experience and hold a master’s degree preferably in industrial engineering, civil engineering, or operations to be eligible to win this scholarship.
This is an amazing program that can provide you with stipend and tuition fees throughout the duration of an eligible course.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton ranked 375th among 1000 universities around the globe. The mission of the University of Waikato is to combine the creation of knowledge through research, scholarship, and creative works with the dissemination of knowledge through teaching, publication, and performance.
Why choose to study at the University of Waikato? The University of Waikato is an internationally recognized university committed to delivering world-class education and is very committed to its focus on academics and innovation of which students will become a part and will make a big difference in the world around them. It provides its students with the foundational knowledge and experience they need to achieve their career and life goals.
Application Deadline: The application process is scheduled to begin on 30th April 2022 and will last until a suitable candidate is assigned to the position.
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Stipend and Tuition fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand.
- Eligible Countries: All international and New Zealander students are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programme to study Exploring logistics behavior in Aotearoa New Zealand for better disaster impact modeling using vehicle telemetry data can be applied at the University of Waikato.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have demonstrated skills and experience in mathematical modeling and proficiency in a programming language (e.g. Python, Java).
- The applicants must have demonstrated English language skills (if English is not your first language, IELTS or TOEFL scores should be submitted with your application).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit their admission applications via the university portal. Please email all the above documents to Dr. Nadia M Trent at [email protected] to apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter including a personal statement (maximum two pages) related to the research project (e.g. motivation for the project, what experience and skills you will bring to the project)
- Three-page literature review that explores recent work in the field of vehicle telemetry analysis
- Three reference letters (at least two academics)
- Copies of official academic transcripts
- Copy of Master’s thesis if this is available in English
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline like industrial engineering, civil engineering or operations research degrees are preferable, but degrees in transport economy, logistics, supply chain management, or operations management can be considered if the Master’s research included mathematical modeling of some sort.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- C1/C2 – 176
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- MELAB – 85
- PTE – 58
The University of Waikato will provide the winners of this doctoral scholarship a full-time student stipend of NZ$28,000 per year for a period of 3 years and an NZ$8,000 per year to cover the payment of the University of Waikato PhD fees and contribute to other related costs