The University of Queensland is very excited to announce the PhD Scholarships in Investigating Novel Treatment to Prevent Post-Traumatic Epilepsy to international students. Applications for the scholarship are open for the academic year 2021-2022.
This scholarship is open to Australian citizens, permanent residents, and international students who are currently in Australia. Students that demonstrate academic achievement in the field/s of biology, neuroscience, or a science-related discipline and the potential for scholastic success and enroll in a Higher Degree by Research programme in Medicine, Science, and Mathematics are eligible to win this grant.
User Review( votes)
Known as the most prestigious and widely recognized institute in Australia, The University of Queensland is a public research university ranked in the top 50 and top 100 globally working to shape the future by producing leaders and inspire the next generation.
Why choose to study at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland is a research university that encourages advanced ideas that benefit the world. It possesses professionals that share the same passion for excellence in education as the students at Queensland. Comprehensive and high-quality education is incorporated in the programmes at UQ which ultimately connects students to more opportunities.
Application Deadline: 6th October 2021
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Higher Degree by Research
- Award: $28,597 per annum
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian citizens and students of all other nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply to take up a Higher Degree by Research in Medicine, Science and Mathematics offered at UQ.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be new students.
- The applicants must have relevant experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must log in to the university portal to apply. Scholarship application can be made along with the admission application under the scholarships and collaborative study Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’. Then, select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’. Finally, select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘EPILEPSY-REUTENS’ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- Degree certificate
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have a Master of Philosophy, a Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honors class IIA or equivalent, or a master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale to get into a PhD programme at UQ.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Clinical Projects) – 7.0
- IELTS (all other disciplines ) – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 87
- TOEFL PBT – 570
The University of Queensland will provide $28,597 per annum to the lucky winners of this scholarship to support the living and tuition costs.