Applications are invited for PhD and masters programme– Partnering for Health Professional Training in African Universities (P4HPT) for the year 2018. The studentships are open to South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho.
The objective of the programme is to promote sustainable development and poverty alleviation by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries.
User Review( votes)
The Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) is an EU-funded project under the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme which aims at building capacity of health professionals with a view to expand the health workforce size in the target countries and subsequently improve the well-being of communities.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Master and PhD programme.
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in The higher education institution partners are;
- The University of Ghana, Ghana (Coordinating Institution)
- Makerere University, Uganda;
- Uganda Martyrs University, Uganda;
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa;
- University of Nairobi, Kenya;
- Moi University, Kenya,
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique;
- University of Burundi, Burundi;
- University of Juba, South Sudan;
- University of Lesotho, Lesotho,
- Universite Catholique De Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Eligible Countries: Nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries included in the partnership South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded in the subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity , master’s student applicants must meet all the criteria stated below:
- Must be registered/admitted or obtained a degree from any one of the following institutions; University of Ghana, Makerere University, Uganda Martyrs University, Stellenbosch University, University of Nairobi, Moi University, Eduardo Mondlane University, University of Burundi, University of Juba, National University of Lesotho, and Universite Catholique De Bukavu.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications forms are available here and must be emailed to p4hpt-at-chs.ug.edu.gh.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates are to complete two (2) applications simultaneously for admission into the programme at the University of Ghana and for a scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, you need to meet entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
The following are covered by the program;
- One Round trip flight ticket and visa costs
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period (see below)
- Masters: €600 per month
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident, and Travel)
- Settling in allowance equivalent to the monthly subsistence allowance for the type of mobility provided upon arrival at the host institution.