The Faculty of Law is seeking high-calibre aspirants to take part in the PhD Position at Maastricht University. The funding program is open for the academic year 2020/21.
Acceptable option to get fund for PhD research in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1976, Maastricht University is the second youngest of the thirteen Dutch universities. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Why study at Maastricht University? MU offers a dynamic and challenging job in an internationally-oriented organisation where people receive advanced education and scholars conduct exciting research.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2020
- University: Maastricht University
- Department: Faculty of Law
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: € 2.325
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Law
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Master degree in European law, European studies and/or social sciences
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- Show an obvious interest in academic research
- Have the capability of autonomously conducting original research as well as working in a team
- Fluency in English
- The PhD candidate must be willing to relocate to Denmark, Roskilde University for one year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before applying for the opportunity, you have to take admission in a doctoral degree at the Maastricht University. After that, they can complete the application process for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: For being eligible for this application, applicants have to offer one or two page CV, a research proposal, degree transcript, Copy of Bachelor (BA) and (Research) Master (MA) degree and transcript (including GPA) and a copy of an identity document.
- Admission Requirements: For taking the advantage of this fellowship applicants have reached an overall average Grade Point Average (GPA) of the completed Bachelor of at least 3.4 and/or completed their Master study with a GPA of at least 3.5
- Language Requirement: For applicants who neither are native speakers of English nor followed English taught BA or MA, the PO accepts certificates from:
- IELTS test: minimum score overall 7.0 and writing minimum score of 6.5
- TOEFL test: overall, internet-based minimum score 100 and writing minimum score 25
- TOEFL test: overall, paper-based minimum score of 600
- TOEFL test: overall, computer-based minimum score of 250
- A Cambridge certificate: C or higher for the CAE (Certificate in Advanced English).
Maastricht University provides a salary of € 2.325 with a yearly growth to € 2.972 gross a month in year 4 (based on a full-time appointment.)