ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research at the University of Bern is seeking applications for a PhD Position in Image-Guided Skull Base Surgery.
Applicants from Switzerland can apply for this PhD position. The position is open to pursuing a PhD programme.
User Review( votes)
Located in the heart of Switzerland’s capital, the University of Bern provides an international, rich and unique opportunity to conduct cutting edge research at the interface between engineering and medicine.
Application Deadline: Closed
- The ideal candidates should have completed a degree (Masters or equivalent) in computer science, physics, engineering, applied mathematics or other relevant fields. Experience and/or course work relating to surgical planning and navigation, medical robotics and mechatronics, image processing and wireless communication is desired. Excellent knowledge of C#/C/C++ is required as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants from Switzerland can apply for this PhD position.
- PhD position is available at the Faculty of Medicine.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Letters of application should be addressed to Dr. Tom Williamson (tom.williamson-at-artorg.unibe.ch).
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a statement of interest, a detailed curriculum vitae, if available a list of already published work and contact information of at least one person able to provide a reference in support of the application.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants should have completed a degree (Masters or equivalent) in computer science, physics, engineering, applied mathematics or other relevant fields.
- Language Requirement: While German is the spoken language in Bern, English is the working language and German language courses are freely available via the University of Bern.
The candidate is expected to work in a group of diverse experts from both engineering and clinical backgrounds.