The Ph.D. candidate to be appointed at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) will perform high-resolution laser spectroscopic studies on these molecular temperature controllers.
The Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) is one of eight research institutes of the University of Amsterdam Faculty of Science.
User Review( votes)
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands; it is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands. It is one of the largest research universities in Europe with 31,186 students, 4,794 staff, 1,340 Ph.D. students and an annual budget of €600 million.
- Application deadline: 1 February 2019
- Course Level: Position is available for a Ph.D. researcher.
- Study Subject: The Ph.D. candidate to be appointed at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) will perform high-resolution laser spectroscopic studies on these molecular temperature controllers.
- Award: The desired start date of the project is in March 2019 but excellence prevails over starting date. The full-time appointment will be on a temporary base for a maximum period of four years (18 months plus a further 30 months after a positive evaluation) and should lead to a dissertation (Ph.D. thesis). An educational plan will be drafted that includes attendance of courses and (international) meetings. Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from € 2,266 in the first year to € 2,897 in the final year, according to the Dutch salary scales for Ph.D. candidates. This is excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year bonus
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position
- Number of Awards: 18-745 positions are available.
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position
- Entrance Requirements:
- An MSc. degree in a relevant field (physics or chemistry). If you have not finished your Masters yet, you can still apply. The starting date of your Ph.D. contract will be slightly after the date that you obtain your Master;
- have an affinity with experimental physical chemistry;
- being able to work both independently and as a team member;
- have good communication skills in the English language;
- experience with experimental laser spectroscopy is a preferred but not restrictive condition.
- English Language Requirements: Applicant must be fluent in English.
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of inquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity. upload the following information in a single PDF file (not zipped):
- cover letter/letter of motivation (at most 1 page), why did you choose to apply for this position;
- curriculum vitae, including a list of publications;
- the names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.
How to Apply: To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://ssl1.peoplexs.com/Peoplexs22/CandidatesPortalNoLogin/ApplicationForm.cfm?PortalID=16107&VacatureID=1019235