The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is offering up to 3 PhD positions in Efficient Deep Learning in the Netherlands. International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has ten faculties and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: May 24, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: positions are awarded in Efficient Deep Learning.
- Award: The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and range from a minimum of € 2,222 gross per month in the first year up to a maximum of € 2,840 gross per month (salary scale 85.0-3) based on a full-time employment.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Awards: Up to 3 positions are available.
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates should have a MSc degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Science or closely related area and should be able to work well in teams. Candidates ideally have expertise in both High Performance Computing and Machine Learning/Deep Learning, but PhD-level courses are available if one such expertise is missing.
Successful candidates are expected to write scientific papers for international peer-reviewed journals, present his/her work in international conferences, and finalize the work in a PhD thesis.
The responsibilities of a PhD also include giving a limited amount of teaching.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants are requested to write a letter in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by curriculum vitae and two or three references (names and e-mail addresses).
Applications should be sent by email to informatica.secretariaat.few-at-vu.nl before 24 May 2018. Please mention the vacancy number in the e-mail header.