PhD Researcher in Law, Intellectual Property Rights, K.U.Leuven, Belgium
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights is an interdisciplinary research centre initiating and encouraging research initiatives in relation to evolving areas of intellectual property law, such as the protection of software, semi-conductor products and biotechnological inventions, standardisation and technology transfers, with a particular focus on patents, trade marks, designs and copyright see.
The Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) is a research department stimulating research in the domains of managerial economics, industrial organization, international business, innovation economics and management, political economy, and entrepreneurship. The department contributes to theoretical and empirical research on the organization of firms, industries and markets in an international context.
User Review( votes)
• You will engage in doctoral research in the context of a research project investigating the interaction between legal architectures and open innovation strategies, leading to a Ph.D in Law.
• You will contribute to current and future research activities of the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (CIR) and the Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
• You obtained a Master in Laws with a clear interest (and, if possible, demonstrable expertise) in intellectual property law and competition law.
• Your knowledge of English is excellent.
• During your studies you obtained excellent results at a leading University, preferably great distinction (magna cum laude) or at least 77%.
We offer employment as a full-time doctoral researcher starting around October 1, 2010, in principle for 4 years.
If Interested then :
Please visit http://www.kuleuven.be/vacatures and apply online.
For more information about the job description, please contact Prof. dr. Geertrui Van Overwalle ([email protected] ), tel. +32 16 323736 or Prof. Bart Van Looy ([email protected] ), tel. +32 16 326901 or +32 16 326700
K.U.Leuven carries out an equal opportunity and diversity policy.
Application Deadline: 10 September 2010