The Centre for Micro-Photonics (CMP) is continually looking for academically strong and motivated students wishing to undertake a PhD, MSc or Honours degree at Swinburne’s Hawthorn Campus. The scholarship is open to both Australian and International applicants.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable applicants to embark on an independent career in academic stroke research
User Review( votes)
The Centre for Micro-Photonics at the Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, is an internationally renowned research centre in photonics founded in 2000, with 8 highly respected Professors in 7 research groups
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Nanophotonics.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Annual stipend $27,082 (indexed) (2018 rate) for three years (with possible 6 month extension)
- Tuition fees for up to four years
- Thesis allowance
- Nationality: Australian and International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all over the world are eligible for the scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Students with a Bachelor’s degree (three or four years) and a Masters by Research; or a Bachelor’s degree (three or four years) and an Honours year
in Physics, Optics, Nanotechnology, Physical Chemistry, Nanophotonics are eligible to apply. Degree must include a research component.
- English Language Requirements: International candidates must meet one of the following English requirements:
- obtain a minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0 or a TOEFL iBT (Internet-based) minimum score of 79 (with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20); or Pearson (PTE) 58 (no communicative skills less than 50) no longer than 24 months before submitting your application
- Satisfactorily complete the Swinburne College English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Advanced level certificate at the postgraduate level (EAP 5: PG-70%)
- Successfully complete a total of 24 months (full-time equivalent) of formal study where the language of instruction and assessment was English at AQF level 7 or above (or equivalent) at an approved university no longer than 60 months before submitting your application.
- Applicants can apply via email.
How to Apply: Send your CV highlighting research experience and 3 referees, and your academic transcripts, to Prof. David Moss (dmoss-at-swin.edu.au) or A/Prof. James Chon (jchon-at-swin.edu.au).