The University of Nottingham, in partnership with British Telecommunication, is inviting dynamic candidates to undertake a research study through the PhD Scholarships in Development of Robotic Solutions with High Manoeuvrability in Confined and Congested Spaces.
The application process is open to all international and domestic for the academic year 2021-2022. UK nationals and students from EU countries with an upper-class degree in a relevant field applying for a 3 ½ – year PhD programme at Nottingham are eligible to be selected. The award of the scholarship includes a tuition fee and a yearly stipend.
User Review( votes)
The University of Nottingham is a renowned public research university dedicated to improving the wellbeing of people by providing outstanding education and research through its education system. It is ranked 84th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018.
Why choose the University of Nottingham? The University of Nottingham is an ever-changing dynamic university internationally known for its amazing education quality. With its reliable faculty that constantly delivers outstanding teaching and learning outcomes, each student gets individual attention. Student satisfaction in terms of employment is very high for the University of Nottingham.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: Engineering
- Course Level: Engineering
- Award: Tuition fee and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All students from the UK and from EU countries are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake PhD study in the Development of Robotic Solutions with High Manoeuvrability in Confined and Congested Spaces offered at the Engineering Department of the University of Nottingham.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- First rate analytical and numerical skills, with a well-rounded academic background.
- Demonstrated ability to develop precision robotics system and algorithm
- Ability to develop kinematic and/or dynamic analysis of robotic systems
- Ability to implement control and kinematics with hardware-in-the–loop
- Background with relevant packages, (MATLAB, SolidWorks/Creo, ROS/OpenCV/python/C++, LabVIEW languages)
- A driven, professional, and self-dependent work attitude is essential
- Experience of working within the industry will be an advantage
- The ability to produce high-quality presentations and written reports
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must submit their initial application online through the university portal. Candidate contact Prof Dragos Axinte and Dr Abd Mohammad. Do not submit your application via the My Nottingham platform without having contacted their team first.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to upload scanned copies of their degree certificate and transcripts, as well as any other supporting documents, and must also include a research proposal of 1000-2000 words in their application.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have a First or upper second-class degree in robotics/mechanical/cybernetics/mechatronics /computer science or related scientific discipline.
- Language Requirement: If you’re a native English speaker, or you have studied in an English-speaking country or institution, we may be able to accept your academic qualifications as evidence of your English language ability.
The University of Nottingham will provide the selected PhD candidates a tax-free stipend of £15,609.00 a year; tuition fees paid and a generous study package for up to 3 ½ – years.