The Department of Political Science and Public Management at the University of Southern Denmark invite applications for two Ph.D. scholarships within International Relations/Military Change as of September 1, 2018.
The University of Southern Denmark is a university in Denmark. It has campuses located in Southern Denmark and on Zealand.
User Review( votes)
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: March 12, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of International Relations/Military Change.
- Award: the program carries a monthly salary including pension plus office facilities and financial support for conference travels and research visits abroad. Conditions of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
- Number of Awards: There are two opportunities are available.
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To qualify for a PhD scholarship, you must have a high academic level and be able to outline an original research project. The project is individual, but it should be related to the collective research project “Transforming Armed Forces in the 21st Century” at CWS (see below). We are looking for candidates possessing personal qualities such as curiosity and a strong desire to understand and solve societal challenges. You must be able work independently and—in consultation with the PhD supervisor—prioritize the different aspects of your work. Finally, you are expected to have good interpersonal skills, be interested in engaging with the national and international research community (your supervisor and the department will support you in this), be present and take part in the daily academic and social environments in Odense.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
An application must include:
- Application form (please see below)
- A project proposal, max 5 pages of 2400 characters each, including spaces, notes, appendices, bibliography etc. The project description must be anonymized, i.e. it may not reveal your name or identity in any way. The total length of characters including spaces of the project description must be stated on the first page of the project description. If your name is mentioned in your project description or if the description exceeds the specified length, your application will be rejected without further assessment
- An abstract for the above project description of no more than 250 words
- Detailed CV
- A certified copy of your master’s degree certificate including all examination results. In case of a possible 4+4 enrolment, a certified copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate and a transcribe of your master’s level examination results must be included.
- Information on experience with teaching, dissemination, or scientific publication, if applicable.
How to Apply:
When applying for a Ph.D. scholarship, please fill in the application form.