The Marche Polytechnic University is now accepting applications for PhD Scholarship Programmes for the academic years 2018/2019 – 2019/2020 – 2020/2021. Italian and Non-Italian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Marche Polytechnic University seeks to develop students of faith, intellect, and character who have the skills and the desire to continue learning and to serve others throughout their lives.
Marche Polytechnic University is a public University in Ancona, Italy. It offers undergraduate and graduates degrees in Agriculture, Engineering, Economics, Medicine, and Biology.
- Application Deadline: June 25, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following subjects:
- Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences
Management and Law including the following curriculam:
- Business Economics and Management
- Economic Law
Civil, Environmental, Building Engineering and Architecture including the following curricula:
- Civil, Environmental, Building Engineering and Architecture
- Environmental Heritage and Sustainable Changes
- Vitruvian Studies
Information engineering including the following curricula:
- Biomedical, Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer, Management, and Automation Engineering
Industrial Engineering including the following curricula:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Materials Engineering
Human Health Biomedical Sciences Life and Environmental Sciences including the following curricula:
- Marine Biology and Ecology
- Biomolecular Sciences
- Civil and Environmental Protection
- Scholarship Award: The yearly amount of a scholarship is € 15.343,28. It includes social security charges, which are to be paid by the students themselves. The scholarships shall be paid in monthly installments and they are renewed only if student has successfully completed all the activities of the previous year, which shall be verified by the Academic Board of the Doctoral Program. The scholarships cannot be combined with any other scholarship or studentship of whatever kind, except those awarded by national or foreign institutions in order to supplement the training and research activities of the recipient with stays abroad The amount of the scholarship raises by 50% for duly authorized periods of study and research abroad, if funds are available. These periods abroad must be min. 30 consecutive days and max. 18 months long. The scholarship increase does not apply for mobility to the country of origin in case of graduates from foreign universities and recipients of a scholarship. Those who have been awarded a doctoral scholarship must not apply for such benefit again, even if for partial fruition. In this second case, applications will be submitted to the academic bodies and, if approved, the granted scholarship will be exclusive of the share already enjoyed.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Italian, as well as Non-Italian citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Italian, as well as Non-Italian citizens, are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Admission to doctoral programs is open to graduates of master’s programs (“laurea specialistica/magistrale”), graduates holding a degree qualification following legislation in force before Ministerial Decree 509/99, an equivalent academic qualification awarded by non-Italian universities, and students who will graduate no later than October 31st, 2017. In this case, admission to the program is conditional, and candidates will have to submit a self-declaration within 10th November 2017, in compliance with art. 47 of Presidential Decree Nr. 445/2000, stating they graduated within October 31st. Candidates who fail to comply will not be considered for the competition. Candidates who graduated from any University abroad will be admitted under the condition they provide the complete documentation required to assess their eligibility, whereas foreign citizens will be admitted under the condition they provide a copy of the Permit of Stay or certificate of residence applied for at the Anagrafe of the Comune.
ART. 3 – Students with a Degree Obtained At Universities Abroad
Candidates with an academic qualification obtained abroad must request for evaluation of said qualification, exclusively to be admitted to the PhD program they wish to apply for. To this purpose, they must submit upon application any relevant documents useful for verifying eligibility, according to the instructions provided for in Art. 4. Candidates holding academic qualifications obtained abroad can either apply for positions reserved for candidates graduated in Italian or non-Italian universities, or for positions reserved only to candidates graduated in non-Italian universities where available. Candidates applying for both will not be considered. Candidates admitted to the second stage of the selection process will be interviewed by an internal Panel of the Doctoral Program. At the end of the procedure, two separate ranking lists will be published.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Candidates shall attach to their online applications the following documents: 1) copy of a valid I.D., 2) bank slip proving payment of 30 € for the application fee if the amount has been paid by bank transfer. The following documents, which can be considered for scores, can be attached in addition to the abovementioned: 1) Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum, 2) list of Universities exams taken and grades achieved 3) declaration stating if the candidate is the beneficiary of any research grants 4) other qualifications obtained, 5) publications. Applicants for the PhD Courses in “Management and Law” and “Political Economy” must attach a copy of the final thesis that will be evaluated along with other qualifications. Applicants for PhD programs in “Economics” must attach, in addition, not more than two presentation letters. For the PhD-course of “Information Engineering” students shall submit the list of the exams taken during their previous university study period (Transcript of Records) along with grades. For the PhD-course of “Human Health” and of “Biomedical Sciences”: – students shall submit up to 5 publications on PubMed or Scopus – students shall submit a research work (max. 2 pages, with the background, scope, materials, methods, expected results and relevance of the results).