PhD Scholarship, University of Copenhagen,Climate Change
Job Description: Applications are welcomed within the following 15 areas; please observe that only 8 PhD scholarships will be filled.
1. Research to prevent methane emission from ruminant livestock and associated damage to the environment
2. Downscaling climate change information for agriculture and natural resource management
3. patial characterisation and modelling of bio-production, eco-systems and climate driven spatial change
4. Climate change effects on ecology and pest status of noxious species
5. Developing sustainable, climate-favorable fertilizer technologies for industrial and third world agriculture
6. Waste management effects on GHG emissions and climate change – in a life cycle assessment perspective
7. Climate Change and Mitigation: Forestry and land-use change
8. Climate Change and Adaptation: Forestry and land-use change
9. Impact of climate change on emerging plant diseases and their threat to food security
10. Climate and contaminants in agricultural drainage water
11. Climate change: Costal Flooding Impacts and Adaptation Strategies in Urban Planning.
12. Economics of Climate Change and Natural Resources Management
13. Climate change-GIS-based models for assessing changes in transmission patterns and human health risks of food-borne zoonotic trematode infections in south-east Asia
14. GIS-based models and risk assessment to establish effect of climate change on Salmonella in aquacultures in South-east Asia
15. Effect of climate change on the disease biology of vector-borne helminth diseases in Africa
Project descriptions for each project is available at:
User Review( votes)
In connection with the appointment to the post special importance will be attached to the applicant having the professional and personal qualifications stated below:
Passed Master´s degree in relation to the above subject area(s)
The PhD candidate is also required to have research potential, to be enterprising, to possess good interpersonal skills and to be qualified for enrolment into the PhD programme.
Terms of employment
The post will be filled in accordance with the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Federation of Professional Associations. The post is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.
The position as a PhD fellow requires the applicant to be approved for admission to the PhD programme of the university in question.
Questions related to a specific theme should be directed to the Contact person of the actual theme.
General questions regarding the Graduate School of Life Sciences at LIFE should be directed to Course Administration c/o special advisor Michael Cleve Hansen, ph. (+45) 3533 2056 (e-mail: [email protected]) or head clerk Lillian Zeuthen Bjørnseth, ph. (+45) 3533 2172 (e-mail: [email protected]). Further information on PhD programmes is available at http://www.life.ku.dk/English/education/phd.aspx
No application form is needed. In order for your application to be taken into consideration you must meet the following requirements:
Your application must be sent by E-mail in pdf-format only. Please, include all the documents you wish to be evaluated in one single pdf-file. The application must include the following appendices marked with the stated appendix numbers:
Appendix 1: curriculum vitae with documentation of education.
Appendix 2: material required for expert assessment, including publications and documentation of work experience.
Foreign diplomas (Master, Bachelor and the like) must be provided in the original language as well as in an English translation. For all diplomas, Danish or otherwise, transcripts containing the names and grades/marks for all courses taken must also be included.
Please, indicate clearly which position you apply for.
In addition to the material the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment, the Assessment Committee may implicate additional material in the assessment of the applicant. In such circumstances, it is the responsibility of the applicant, on request, to send the material to the Committee.
The applicant will be assessed in accordance with the Executive Order no. 284 of 25 April 2008 of the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation.
The applications (625-264) should be sent to by E-mail to [email protected], no later than 1 September 2010 at 12.00 noon. The applications shall clearly state which of the above projects they are addressing. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
I am 36,Male,Ethiopian,Estern Africa.I have MSc Degree in Farm Forestry graduated in 2006 Wondo Genet College of Forestry, Ethiopia.I am currently working as a Project Manager for the local NGO working on BiodiversityConservation and Restoration. I am eager to persue my PHD studies on fields related to Biodiversity, forest genetics, forest ecology, environment and related fields. I therefore request you to offer me competitions you will post scholarships.