The University of Warwick, School of Engineering is delighted to offer the PhD studentship in Microgrid or Machine Learning. The program is open to all students who have or expect to obtain by the start date at least a good 2.1 degree and preferably a Master’s degree or equivalent from an overseas institution.
This PhD studentship is funded in support of a recently awarded EPSRC grant in Data-driven Intelligent Energy Management System for a Micro Grid. This project has eight project partners including National Grid UK. The PhD student is expected to collaborate with two postdocs working in this project as well as other researchers in the project supervisor’s team.
Best offer for international students to get 100% tuition fee discount for PhD study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
A highly selective institution, Warwick has an average intake of 4,950 undergraduates out of 38,071 applicants yielding 7.6 applicants per place. Founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand higher education, it is a public research university on the outskirts of Coventry, England.
- Applications Deadline: None, applications accepted all year round.
- Course Level: PhD
- Study Subject: The bursaries are available for the PhD program in Microgrid or Machine Learning
- Award: The sponsorship will pay an annual stipend at the standard rate (currently £14777, this will increase each year) and covers 100% tuition fees at the UK/EU rate for 3 years. International students are welcome to apply but need to meet the difference in costs (talking with Prof. Zhao for options).
- Duration: 3 years
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Awards: Not given
- The award can be taken in the UK
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have (or expect to obtain by the start date) at least a good 2.1 degree (and preferably a Masters degree) or equivalent from an overseas institution.
The applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible because this post is on a rolling basis and the starting date is also flexible.
- If you are successful at the interview you will be required to submit a formal application for study and fulfil the entry requirements set by the University of Warwick.
- As soon as you have a University ID number you will be invited to upload your degree certificate, transcripts, and a personal statement that explains your specific research interests and why you should be considered for this award.
- To make a formal application you must complete the online application form and quote scholarship XZ02.
How to Apply: Email a full CV, academic transcripts, and cover letter, explaining your interest in pursuing a PhD in this area to: [email protected] with ‘PhD Application’ in the subject line.
- The project: PhD studentship in Microgrid or Machine Learning. This project aims to develop an intelligent energy management system for a grid-connected microgrid (consisting of distributed renewable energy sources, energy storages and local loads), this will maximise energy usage efficiency and make renewable generation more cost-effective whilst minimising environmental impact and provide ancillary services.