The University of Manchester is now accepting applications for PhD studentships to pursue the full-time and part-time course in 2021-2022. The studentships are awarded to highly qualified students undertaking study in Economics, Philosophy, Politics, Social Anthropology, Social Statistics and Sociology.
The University of Manchester is a public research university in Manchester, England, formed in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester.
A fine study program for international students in the UK
User Review( votes)
Why study at the University of Manchester? This institution welcomes every year high achieving students from around the world to study here. The university has been included in the list of the world’s top universities due to its quality of education and innovation.
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
- Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD program.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded within the School of Social Sciences. This funding is available to students undertaking study in Economics, Philosophy, Politics, Social Anthropology, Social Statistics and Sociology.
- Awards: Varies
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: This funding is available to all nationalities.
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: This funding is available to all nationalities.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates MUST normally have;
- Bachelors (Honours) degree (or overseas equivalent) at 2:1 level or above in a cognate subject,and
- Normally a Masters degree at 65% overall average with minimum 65% in dissertation and with no mark below 55% (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant cognate subject, preferably one with a substantial research methods component. Transcripts will be carefully scrutinised to ensure that applicants have the required background.
- Note; due to the volume of applications received each year, and limited spaces, regrettably offers cannot be made to all applicants who satisfy the academic entry criteria.
- All applicants who pass the initial assessment stage will be interviewed before an offer is confirmed.
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Full on-line application which must include;
- Research proposal
- Two academic references
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Name of preferred supervisor (to be included on the application form)
- GRE score (Economics only)
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- UK/EU tuition Fees
- Also, a small number of awards which will cover international tuition fees
- £14,777 annual stipend (to be confirmed)
- Students can claim for certain research expenses from the Research Training Support Grant.