Applications are sought for two Postdoctoral Fellow positions in Computational Mathematics in the School of Mathematics and Statistics, UNSW Sydney.
The University of New South Wales is an Australian public research university located in the Sydney suburb of Kensington.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Computational Mathematics in the School of Mathematics and Statistics, UNSW Sydney.
- Scholarship Award: A$89K – A$96K per year (plus up to 17% superannuation and leave loading).
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Australian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be successful in this role, you will have:
For the Le Gia and Sloan project: PhD in Mathematics, or be close to completing one, in computational mathematics or stochastic analysis.
For the Kuo and Sloan project: PhD in Mathematics, or be close to completing one, in computational mathematics, or computational or statistical physics, or Bayesian analysis. Knowledge in quasi-Monte Carlo methods and/or finite element analysis is highly desirable, though not essential
Strong research and publication track record (relative to career opportunity)
Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving skills
Applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role. Please address the selection criteria listed within the position descriptions in your application. Please indicate whether you want to be considered for both positions, or have a preference for one or the other. Please note that successful candidates who wish to be considered for both roles will only need to attend one interview.
How to Apply:
Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contacts listed.