The Center for Southeast Asian Studies at Kyoto University, Japan invites applications for a two-year CSEAS Post-Doctoral Fellowship under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies.” Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The postdoctoral fellowship will be for approximately two years. The fellowship is intended to provide an up-and-coming researcher with the time, space, and financial as well as institutional support necessary to produce outstanding scholarship that will promote the study of sustainable humanosphere in Southeast Asia.
User Review( votes)
The core components of CSEAS are the Research Divisions of Integrated Area Studies, Human-Nature Dynamics, Socio-Cultural Dynamics, Economic and Political Dynamics, and Division of Information and Network for Area Studies. The mission of each research divisions is to promote Southeast Asian studies mainly based on natural sciences, humanities, and social sciences, respectively.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing the postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: University invites applications for a two-year CSEAS postdoctoral fellowship under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies.” For further promoting practical dialogue, the center seeks scholars, specialists and practitioners working on the following issues;
- Environmental degradation
- Natural resource governance
- Economic growth and distribution
- Aging, health, and welfare
- Urbanization and depopulation
- Emerging infectious diseases
- Natural disasters
Award: Several (approximately one or two) post-doctoral fellowships will be offered:
The fellowship is intended to provide an up-and-coming researcher with the time, space, and financial as well as institutional support necessary to produce outstanding scholarship that will promote the study of sustainable humanosphere in Southeast Asia.
The award can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies at Kyoto University is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are open to scholars of all nationalities. University encourage applications from researchers with Ph.D.s or proof of a solid research and publication track record in area studies, sociocultural anthropology, sociology, economics, politics, political economy, political ecology, forestry, biology, medicine, ecology, hydrology, climate science, fisheries science, environmental science, disaster science, natural resources, governance or related disciplines. Applicant must be under the age of 45 as of January 5, 2017. Applicant must not be the recipient of a JSPS Post Doctoral Fellowship or similar programs at the time of employment.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: University encourages applications from researchers with Ph.D.s.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Applicant must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (must include information on language skills, both oral and written; list of international academic conferences and seminars participated in; fieldwork experiences; and list of research grants or fellowships obtained)
- Complete list of publications (please indicate which ones are refereed)
- Two recommendation letters
- Samples of major publications (two samples with abstracts)
- Summary of scholarly activities and achievements (1200 words or less)
- Statement of your research, writing, and publication goals for this fellowship, and your contribution to the research theme or topic(s) outlined by the research cluster that you wish to be a part of (1200 words)
Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed over Skype, and will, therefore, be requested to open a Skype account or provide the CSEAS with information regarding existing Skype addresses.
Application Deadline: Closed