The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS) is delighted to offer its Postdoctoral Fellowship for Canadian students. Candidates must be nominated by one or more scientists or by a department (or departments) affiliated with PIMS.
The aim of the fellowship is to support students with at least $25,000 and the sponsor(s) is (are) required to provide additional funds to finance a minimum total stipend of $50,000.
User Review( votes)
The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS) is a mathematical institute created in 1996 by universities in Western Canada and the Northwestern United States to promote research and excellence in all areas of the mathematical sciences.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field in the offered by the university.
Award: Typically the amount of the award is at least $25,000 and the sponsor(s) is (are) required to provide additional funds to finance a minimum total stipend of $50,000.
Number of Awards: Number of fellowships is not given.
The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canadian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Please be aware that:
- The application is by nomination only; unsolicited applications will not be considered.
- Successful nominees who also receive another major fellowship continue to be PIMS PDFs but may not receive both stipends.
- Postdoctoral fellows associated with Collaborative Research Groups will go through the same nomination and rigorous review processes.
- All nominees must apply through MathJobs; this includes nominees from PIMS Collaborative Research Groups.
- Postdoctoral candidates from institutions in France are eligible for CNRS / PIMS fellowships. The application procedure is different than that for regular PIMS Postdoctoral Fellowship nominees.
How to Apply:
- Applicants can apply via online:
- Nominations must include-
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of research interests
- Three letters of reference (including one from a sponsoring professor)
- Statement of anticipated support from the sponsor
- PIMS accepts no responsibility for incomplete packages, or for individual components of a nomination package being sent to any of our offices.