The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF) is inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowships the outstanding applicants in Japan. This postdoctoral fellowship program covers a one to two-year stay in Japan at an academic institution funded by JSPS.
The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF) is participating in a joint programme with the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) aimed at stimulating young Swedish researchers to conduct cooperative research activities with leading Japanese research groups.
The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, SSF, supports research in science, engineering and medicine for the purpose of strengthening Sweden´s future competitiveness. SSF provided funding of around SEK 600 million per annum and has a capital of approximately 11 billion as a basis for its activities.
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2021
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan.
- Study Subject: All fields of the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences are included under this program.
- Nationality: Taiwanese and Palestinian and Swedish Researchers are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Taiwanese and Palestinian and Swedish Researchers are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan (JSPS treats Taiwanese and Palestinian researchers in this manner) and possess Swedish nationality, citizenship or permanent residency.
- Hold a doctorate degree when the Fellowship goes into effect, which must have been received on or after 2 April 2013 or be scheduled to receive a doctorate degree before the Fellowship goes into effect.
- Persons who are Japanese citizen and foreigners who are permitted permanent residence in Japan are not eligible.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications for this program must be submitted to JSPS through JSPS Stockholm Office. The application process is as follows:
- Candidates submit an application to JSPS Stockholm Office.
JSPS Stockholm Office asks Swedish nominating authorities to conduct a scientific evaluation to select candidates and nominates them to JSPS. Swedish nominating authorities:
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA)
- The Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems (VINNOVA)
- The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF)
- Airfare A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS’s regulations)
- Maintenance Allowance ¥362,000 per month
- Miscellaneous A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000, overseas travel insurance, etc.