The School of Analytical Sciences Adlershof (SALSA) at Humboldt University of Berlin is offering Postdoctoral Fellowships in selected areas of Analytical Sciences.
The Humboldt University of Berlin is one of Berlin’s oldest universities, founded on 15 October 1811 as the University of Berlin by the liberal Prussian educational reformer and linguist Wilhelm von Humboldt.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in selected areas of Analytical Sciences.‡
List of Subjects: Research areas of interest include nanoanalytics, x-ray structure analysis, inorganic mass spectrometry, ambient mass spectrometry, plasmon enhanced nanospectroscopy and in situ optical spectroscopies.
Award: Funding will be 1.750 Euros/month. There is no spousal support. Postdocs will have to pay for their own health insurance and, if they are from European or treaty countries, may join the public health insurance in most cases or use their home country insurance (please check with your provider in this case). Fellows from outside of Europe are usually not eligible for public health insurance (please check private German health insurance providers for their varying offers).
The award can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowships:
- Research areas of interest include nanoanalytics, x-ray structure analysis, inorganic mass spectrometry, ambient mass spectrometry, plasmon enhanced nanospectroscopy and in situ optical spectroscopies.
- Candidates should apply with their own project in the research areas named above and take into account the research of the hosting groups.
Nationality: Citizens of Germany are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have PhD degree.
How to Apply: Please apply via Email only to salsa-at-hu-berlin.de.
- Please provide us with one single pdf-file which should include all necessary personal information, as well as the project proposal, details are stated below.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed and will be considered invalid.
- Candidates should provide their detailed CV (maximum 4 pages), a publication list, a copy of their doctorate degree certificate and a project proposal (see below).
- Candidates have to name a hosting group for their proposed projects from the list provided -> here; further information on the groups can also be found -> here.
- Former SALSA doctoral fellows with a completed doctoral degree may apply if the selected hosting group has not been part of their supervisory team or a collaborator of their doctoral project.
As indicated above, candidates need to apply with their own project proposal, i.e., a project description of up to 3 (three) pages, containing
- A summary of 150 words (maximum)
- A description of the major aims of the research
- The expected outcome
- A project schedule with a timeline
- The reason for their primary choice of hosting lab, and why the hosting group is suited to carry out the project, as well as potential collaboration partners (PI) in the SALSA graduate school, and resources (consumables) and equipment needed to carry out the project.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 15, 2017.