The National Institute for Space Research (INPE) is offering the Postdoctoral Position in the field of Atmospheric Sciences in Brazil.
The candidate must propose/develop a thunderstorm tracking system based on lightning data available from lightning location systems (LLS), taking into account aspects related to the performance variation of these systems.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject(s): Atmospheric Sciences
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Scholarship Provider: INPE
- The award can be taken at Brazil
- Applicants must have a PhD in Geosciences, with reasonable knowledge in Atmospheric Sciences/Atmospheric Electricity and a good ground on lightning detection systems.
- Experience in physics of lightning, LLS data, Geographic Information Systems, and on detection efficiency models is desirable. It is also a desirable knowledge of the language for scientific programming (Matlab, IDL, etc.).
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
How to Apply: By email
Application Deadline: Closed