The Biocatalysis group is currently offering a Postdoctoral position for 15 months to work on an exciting research programme, which was funded by the European Research Council (ERC) – BioSusAmin and the Dutch national Sector Plan on Physics and Chemistry (Sector plan Natuur- en Scheikunde).
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands; it is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands. It is one of the largest research universities in Europe with 31,186 students, 4,794 staff, 1,340 PhD students and an annual budget of €600 million.
- Application deadline: 30 April 2019
- Course Level: Position is available for a postdoctoral researcher.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Marine Microbial Ecology.
- Scholarship Award: The full-time gross monthly salary will range from €2,266 in the first year to €2,897 in the final year, according to the Dutch salary scales for PhD students. TheCollective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. The annual salary will be increased by 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3 % end-of-year bonus.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position
- Entrance Requirements: – A PhD degree in biochemistry or industrial biotechnology. If you expect to complete your PhD by the end of March 2019 we will consider your application;
– You must possess a well-documented research experience in more of the following sub-disciplines (ideally all):
- Biocatalysis and biotransformation with microbial whole cells,
- Gene cloning and analysis,
- Capability to modify/design gene constructs for the co-expression of proteins,
- Knowledge of standard analytical chemical techniques (GC, HPLC);
– The ability to collaborate and adapt in an international team;
– Good communication skills in oral and written English.
- English Language Requirements: Applicant must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
Due to limitations in the recruitment budget, we will preferably consider candidates that are currently in Europe.
You may send in your application using the link below.
Please upload the following information in a single PDF file (not zipped):
- cover letter/letter of motivation (at most 1 page), why did you choose to apply for this position;
- curriculum vitae, including a list of publications;
- the names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.
We will recruit until the position is filled. The selection process commences immediately but will close when a suitable candidate has been found, even if this prior to the final date of the application window.