The Department of Statistics at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics, seeks applications for an open postdoc position in Statistics. The successful applicant for this position is expected to work with methodological development and applications of survey data in connection to the research project “The right question – new ways to elicit quantitative information in surveys” financed by the Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation.
The Umea University aims to provide excellent facilities and state-of-art equipment and platforms in a creative, inspiring, international and highly interactive environment.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: September 21, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to study postdoctoral programme within the Department of Statistics at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Statistics.
- Scholarship Award: Monthly salary
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria: Applicants should have a PhD in statistics/mathematical statistics (or related area) and must have obtained their doctorate degree no more than three years before the deadline for the application. Experiences related to asymptotic statistical inference, regression modelling, and/or survey methodology are considered a merit. Excellent written and spoken English is a requirement. An ability and a strong interest in co-operation with colleagues in other sciences are vital.
English Language Requirements: Students must have very good language skills in English, both spoken and written, is required.
How to Apply: The application should include:
- A cover letter summarizing your qualifications, your scientific interests, and your motives for applying (max 2 pages).
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A publication list.
- Copies of the PhD thesis and relevant publications.
- Copies of relevant degree certificates.
- Names with contact details and e-mail addresses, of at least two reference persons.